Brainspotting Clinical Group Consultations
Looking for your Brainspotting Tribe?
From your very first training weekend, you had a feeling Brainspotting was a healing method that could forever change the way you practice.
Now that you’re using Brainspotting with clients, you know it’s not just another tool for your toolbox; it’s a game changer! Although you are seeing great results with most clients, there are some clients you feel a little stumped by, and you aren’t sure what to do. You’d love to turn to a community of Brainspotters to get some feedback, but you’ve got big, specific questions you need to ask that can’t be asked in a social media forum, and there isn’t an established local BSP community near you.
Your left brain is searching for a place to…
- Develop the language to explain how Brainspotting works
- Participate in case presentations securely and ethically
- Get useful, actionable feedback specific to your cases
- Deepen your understanding of Brainspotting theory as you hone your skills.
And your right brain desires a safe place to…
- Let go of worries and embrace uncertainty
- Explore your creativity as a Brainspotting therapist
- Experience the attuned presence of a safe, supportive tribe
- Foster emotional wellness both in and out of session (that is, become awesome at Self Brainspotting
As a Certified Brainspotting Therapist and Consultant, I know the importance of having a community that is safe and confidential, where questions can be asked without negative feedback. I understand the love of learning and the desire to deepen clinical skills continually. I also know how a few trainings just aren’t enough to continue to enrich the understanding of Brainspotting. It takes time, openness, and support to develop mastery.
That is why I created Your Brainspotting Tribe Online Consultation Group
Imagine a group of other therapists, like you, who are invested in growing their Brainspotting skills, who are committed to learning continually as they give transformational therapy to their clients, and who value fostering close relationships with other Brainspotting therapists.
This group is guided by a Certified Brainspotting Therapist and Consultant, who is there to answer questions, help you stretch a little, and help you grow your confidence as a practitioner as you hone your skills.
Once a month, you meet as a group, from the comfort of your office or home, to discuss tough cases, troubleshoot stuck points, clarify your understanding of case conceptualization within the Brainspotting framework, and share amazing moments you’ve had with your Brainspotting clients.
So let’s get started:
- It all begins on Friday, April 13 at 2:00PM EST
- The group will meet the second Friday of every month at 2:00PM via securevideo.com. You don’t have to leave the office or risk violating HIPAA to connect with other Brainspotters or get your most pressing questions answered
- Limited to a maximum of 8 participants: You get the safety of a small, intimate group, where you can make your needs known.
- Investment: $75 per 90-minute meeting with a Brainspotting Consultant. You get 90 minutes a month with a Brainspotting Consultant and your Branspotting tribe!
What will we be covering in the group?
Fantastic question! As you know, Brainspotting is a “Dual-Frame” therapy (relational and neurobiological), and this group is what I call a “Multi-Frame” group. The intention and purpose of the group is for you to become an integral part of our small community (relational connection development,) as you sharpen your technical skills (augmenting confidence with skill-building,) and to discover more about your own process as a clinician (self awareness) as you become more present and effective with your clients and in your own life through learning and self care (execution.) Since this is a co-creative process, we will decide as a group how we would like our use our time.
Common topics may include
- What do I do when my client is…(not responding, is “all over the place,” talks during processing, etc.)
- What does it look like when a clinician is “staying in the tail of the comet” vs. trying to steer it?
- When it comes to Brainspotting, what I struggle the most with is…(all struggles are welcome)
- What do I do if I find myself reacting during a session?
- How do I use Self-Brainspotting to meet personal or professional goals such as (fill in the blank with your own goals)
- How do I use Brainspotting to help someone stop drinking, improve distress tolerance, stop nail biting, etc.
How long is the commitment? To honor the purpose and meet the goals of our multi-framed group, the minimum commitment is 6 months.
Who leads the group? Hi, I’m Beth Medina, LMHC, Certified Brainspotting Therapist and Certified Brainspotting Consultant. I’ve been a trauma therapist since 2001 and have a full time private practice in Florida. I love helping other therapists integrate Brainspotting in their practices with clients whether that be in private consultation or in group consultation. When I am not in the office working with clients, you can find me cooking interesting dishes in the kitchen with kids.
What is the investment? $75 per month for group consultation. I created the groups to make consultation more accessible and FUN. Otherwise, private individual consultation is available at $175/hr.
Brainspotting is a physiologically-rooted relational therapy. Isn’t it time you experience the support of a Brainspotting community that holds space for you as you hold space for your clients?